Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sarah's apron / oven mitts

Haven't had much sew time in the last 2 weeks. Absolutely itching to start new projects / finish up the hexagon quilt top! Decided though, to make the apron/oven mitts as a gift for S (as a top-up birthday gift) who just loves to play dress up. Used some of the lovely elephant print I got from Japan.

In the process, realize that I NEED a sewing machine that is more forgiving. When inspected with my more discerning eye, the stitches are really uneven when using the walking foot. Tried free motion quilting (with scraps of course) and lets just say, the pictures are not fit for posting. Yes, my skills are amateur but I think it doesn't hurt to have a little help with some cool tools.

Speaking of which, also eyeballing the Accuquilt GO! cutter. Been reading up on it, and the only thing that is stopping me is the price. Gadget dilemma : To upgrade sewing machine, or splurge on Go...sigh.

No comments: