Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Precious....

My new Bernina is here! After an agonizing week of waiting, manage to collect it on Friday evening. You read the reviews and think how different can it be? Well I am definitely a convert...It's just so preeettty....and it sews like a dream. You can already feel the difference with the regular straight stiches. But the real party trick is when I snapped on the walking foot. Boy, started on the Hexagon Flower quilt and it is so much easier compared to the old Brother (which has been packed away). No more pushing/ bunching/ puckering etc. Will take some photos once I clean it up a bit.


I've started piecing the Trip Around the World quilt which is a project I am undertaking together with Y and friends. It was such a breeze that before I knew it, finished the 4 panels. Awaiting instructions on how to proceed (hint hint)

Also received 2 packages with Tufted Tweets (with coordinating deep purple / red / lime green fabrics) and Hope Valley. Taking some inspiration from Red Pepper Quilts and want to try out some of her designs. So much for finishing a project before moving on!

3 comments:

MidnightCrafts said...

Which Hope Valley print did you get? :D Great to see that you are enjoying the machine. Don't forget to save some quilting projects to work on AFTER the machine quilting class, yah? :D

kookykutz said...

Got a FQ bundle of the entire range + some loose yardage from Hawthorne fabrics. No worries, so many projects, too little time.

Toying with the idea of switching to the applique class? Tried my hand at it and really quite disastrous so might benefit more from it?

Anonymous said...

Hi

I came across your blog while searching for reviews on Bernina 350 PE. Am very tempted to buy one but would like to do some homework since it's rather costly!

How do you find yours so far? Does it handle thick and thin fabrics well? I'm also considering a mechanical PFAFF for the same price since it is known for being really sturdy and reliable. The Bernina however has more features so I'm absolutely torn... Help!

Cheers
Jane