Saturday, April 23, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

New Kookykutz Logo and label!



Happened to chance upon a small bookshop at the mall and found that they were carrying an adorable line of handmade baby items (can checkout their website www.spinkie.com ) and said to myself, "Hey, I can definitely do that".

Anyway. inspired by this, I decided to do a little branding of my own stuff (for a more professional look) and got someone to design a new logo. Its an updated color version of the 2 birds which I used to hand print on organic twill tape. Haven't quite decided if I am going to invest in a woven label, or simply DIY on printable fabric. Decisions, decisions...

Even have a shop front done for Etsy. Now the trick is to start producing enough stuff of sufficient quality to start selling :) Akan Datang!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely know what you mean by going to the shops and then thinking: I can do this. Problem is that I will go back and then spend tons of money buying fabrics online to make that one little bag. So Hubby says sometimes it is cheaper to just BUY it from someone else. Haha. And I'm so impressed with your new 'branding'! Wow... so much for a 'short-term' hobby, eh? ;)

kookykutz said...

I know, but get sooooo much more satisfaction from making it yourself right? The secret to keeping up with the hobby is really the online fabric shopping. I swear they keep coming up with such cool stuff, its like my opium :)