Sunday, May 16, 2010

Novel method of destashing / Pin cushion caddy

Get your kids in the act! My 5 year old has decided that she wants to be just like mummy and cut up beautiful fabrics into teeny tiny pieces :) I've given her a plastic box to store her own "stash" and she is quite happy to snip away with her little pair of scissors right next to me. She has now taken to raiding my scrap bin to replenish her stocks. Probably going to make a collage from the bits.

Finally managed to make my pin cushion caddy (Pattern from Seams to Me by Anna Marie Horner) which I have been meaning to do for ages. So sick of the standard issue tomato pin cushion, it had to go. Been saving some scraps specifically for this purpose. In the picture you can see the last of my flutterby in teal by Tula Pink. Absolutely obsessed with her fabrics, can't get enough of it. 
 
Also almost finished with Emily's baby quilt. Just need to hand stitch the binding to the back and I'm done! (pictures to come soon) Don't think I'll be able to do it within the next few days though as I have to travel for work. Hope to be done before we're off to Japan on a family vacation. Yes, I will definitely be sending back a report of the wonderful stuff I find there.

No comments: